Why are there no definition updates for Ad-Aware?

Red Devil 08:38 04 Mar 05

I have Ad-Aware SE and set it to run and do a scan on Windows start-up.

For the last 3 days I have got a message each time it starts that my definitions haven't been updated for 15 days and do I wish to update them. When I say "yes" it connects to Lavasoft's server and then tells me that no updated components are available.

What's going on? Ad-Aware used to have new definitions every few days and now I haven't seen any new ones in around 3 weeks.

Diodorus Siculus 08:47 04 Mar 05

This was almost the downfall of AdAware a few years ago - it went about 6 months without any updates and many other programs came in to fill the gap.

Hopefully it has not gotten into any sort of similar hiatus.

ventanas 08:48 04 Mar 05

That's a relief, I thought it might be a problem at my end. As you say nothing for quite some time. Latest definitions 16th Feb click here

Jackcoms 08:50 04 Mar 05

My last update was 16 February and, yet, every time I launch Ad-Aware it nags me that my definitions may be out of date!

Diodorus Siculus 08:50 04 Mar 05

Yep, my version has updates from Feb 16th.

Stuartli 09:48 04 Mar 05

The key words that you use are that Ad-aware "nags me that my definitions MAY be out of date!"

It's merely advising that a check for updates would be wise.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 10:48 04 Mar 05

You can also change the number of days in Ad-Aware as to when this reminder message appears.

Jackcoms 18:56 04 Mar 05

"It's merely advising that a check for updates would be wise"

Yep, I realise that! Whenever I launch Ad-Aware the first thing I do is check for updates.

There are now a few threads running on this same topic.

I hope that the boys and girls at Ad-Aware haven't permanently gone to sleep! ;-)

Red Devil 09:33 06 Mar 05

So there you have it. I complain about the lack of new definitions and within 24 hours there's a new set available for Ad-Aware.

§ 10:01 06 Mar 05

Red Devil I'm still getting the 'no updated components' message - but there again, I'm on NTL so it'll probably take another 3 days :(

MIke 10:09 06 Mar 05

Just tried to update my definitions file, New file available dated 5 March

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…