why are my laptop emails being deleted?

mulholland71 18:32 PM 26 Oct 13

Upstairs I have an old but reliable pc - Windows XP using outlook express for emails. My laptop - Acer Aspire V3-571 Windows 8 - uses plus net webmail because outlook express can no longer be installed. We have the same email address for both accounts. However, as soon as we open outlook express emails on the pc, they disappear from the lap top. How can we stop this from happening?

chub_tor 19:18 PM 26 Oct 13

You need to stop Outlook Express from deleting emails from the server click here to see how

Jollyjohn 19:22 PM 26 Oct 13

On the XP PC Open Outlook express. Select an Account and change the settings for the account - I think it is under advanced - put a tick in the box "Leave a copy of message on server" If you can't find the setting, come back, and I will boot to something that has OE still set up and provide exact details.

Basically you are viewing the message on the laptop and the messages are still on the server but when you run outlook express the messages are moved to that PC.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Lexus hoverboard film shows skater Ross McGouran doing tricks on it

iPhone 6c release date rumours and images | Expect iPhone 6c to be Apple Pay ready