why are my cookies disabled?

mco 19:05 04 May 05

Why, after using hotmail successfully for years has it all of a sudden yesterday and today told me my cookies are disabled and I can't access NET passport? I've tried internet options - privacy - accept all cookies - but it still doesn't let me on...unless I have to shut down and restart? Strange - happened on both laptop and pc separately. Haven't done anything different or new to network.

Chris Webster 21:42 04 May 05

I don't know if this will help but i've had trouble logging into hotmail today too. I emptied all my temp internet files and cookies and up to now everything's been ok.

musicbassman 18:27 05 May 05

I've had exactly the same problem - and cookies are NOT disabled. I expect you are using your Hotmail/Net sign in as your home page as I am - and I was getting a lot of 'page can't be displayed' messages over the last few months.

I discovered a simple workround. Just click on the 'Hotmail' link which appears at the top of the usual sign in page. The sign in page will then reload and then I can sign in no problem.

Hope this works for you.

mco 18:45 05 May 05

I'll go and try that now thanks! fed up of checking my internet options and discovering they are as they should be despite what hotmail says!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…