Why are E mails from one friend not be received by another?

Woodlane 11:01 22 Feb 15

I am trying to help two friends to sort out a problem. Friend A has a Tiscali E Mail account but none of his E mails will arrive with another friend B who is with Supanet. So A e mails B but sends it to me and I forward it. This has been going on for while. No other E mails to anyone else are affected. I guess the problem is with the receiver. If so what does he need to do?

alanrwood 11:56 22 Feb 15

Possibly Spam Filter??? on either the receivers email program or at the ISP level.

That is provided the receivers email is set up correctly.

Secret-Squirrel 11:57 22 Feb 15

What does friend B use to send and receive his emails - webmail in a web browser, or an email client like Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail?

tullie 16:27 22 Feb 15

Are you sending and receiving emails from these two ok?

Woodlane 16:48 22 Feb 15

Thank you. Yes I am. The problem only exists between the two of them. I will submit the responses for further investigation.

Woodlane 19:06 22 Feb 15

Friend b tells me that he uses Microsoft Outlook 2010. His ISP is Plusnet who have een told of the problem and are looking into it. So a solution may be suggested by them.

Secret-Squirrel 19:40 22 Feb 15

".......he uses Microsoft Outlook 2010"

He may have inadvertently added friend A to Outlook's "Blocked Senders" list. Tell him to have a look here, and if A's address is in the list then remove it. However, I would have thought that B would have noticed A's emails in the Junk folder but it's still worth suggesting.

Woodlane 09:02 23 Feb 15

Thanks. I understand that the E mails have not been appearing as junk. B is on the case himself.

Secret-Squirrel 09:52 23 Feb 15

"B is on the case himself."

OK then but please let us know the outcome.

Woodlane 18:35 23 Feb 15

Sad to say everything has been tried and still no luck. B has got two contacts with Tiscali to E mail him and both arrived OK so that's one thing out of the way. he has added A to the "safe senders list" and to the "do not block" section too. It's all very puzzling. B is taking the matter up but any furtherideas are welcome.

Secret-Squirrel 19:06 23 Feb 15

".....any furtherideas are welcome."

Tell B to logon to Supanet webmail and check any blocked-senders settings and the Junk/Spam folder. I'm not familiar with Supanet webmail so I don't even know if any of these options exist. Here's the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009