Why are documents that should be word docs....

Daisy22 14:04 06 May 08

For some reason a lot of my documents that are being sent by email such as attachments, are coming through as Real Player documents. When I try to open them as word docs it is just gobbly gook. It seems to be linked with anything that is a PDF file.

I have windows vista so use windows mail as the email package,I have AVS video converter, AV4u, I recently uninstalled Itunes as it was doing the same and putting them into ITunes so I still couldn't open them.

Many thanks

Joe R 14:06 06 May 08

Daisy22,

if they are pdf files, you will need adobe reader to open them. click here

Ditch999 14:07 06 May 08

In windows explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > File types and make sure PDF is set to open with Acrobat Reader and DOC is set to open with Word.

Taff™ 14:07 06 May 08

Can you right click a file and choose "Open With" the choose Word? This sounds like a file associations problem.

Taff™ 14:10 06 May 08

Better than Adobe Reader and not as bloated is PDF Xchange Viewer click here

Daisy22 18:47 06 May 08

When I do right click "open with" word, it brings up a box with "File Conversion" windows (in microsoft word) with encoding as windows default.

Ive got adobe, and can read them as PDF files but they are meant to be word files.

Any more suggestions please

Daisy22 18:50 06 May 08

Sorry forgot to say that in windows explorer a document which is text is showing as a real player doc and when I open it in real player it says I need to download something, then it can't do the procedure.

Joe R 19:58 06 May 08

Daisy22,

word documents normally have the extension .doc, but these files must have the .pdf extension if they are opening in adobe reader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…