WHSmithnet Internet Service

Morgan 11:14 10 Jul 03

On the 19/6 I received an email from WHSmithnet to say that I needed to download & upgrade their software from click here to continue using this service. It took a few hours of trying but eventually it worked and everything seemed to be working ok until Monday. Although I can receive emails and log on to the internet, I cannot send emails and keep getting the following error message:

The host 'mailhost.whsmithnet.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'myname', Server: 'mailhost.whsmithnet.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:11004, Error Number: Ox800CCC0D

I have tried phoning the technical, upgrade & customer support lines for 3 days but they are constantly engaged.

I received another email on 30/6 informing me that Affinity were no longer trading and that my account would be transfered to Breathe by going to click here. I'm sure that this was what I had already done on 19/6, but decided to download again. However, I get the following error message when I try to do so:

WinZip Self-Extractor

Can't create output file: c:\programfiles\Visp|RyDial.dll

Obviously, I need to get through to their technical supoport line, but I can't understand how I am able go online using WHSmithnet but can't send emails.

Has anyone else been having any problems with either WHSmithnet or Breathe?

graham√ 11:23 10 Jul 03

Contact details for 'Breathe' click here

Morgan 11:48 10 Jul 03

That's very helpful as WHSmithnet do not provide email support. I will also try calling the Breathe customer support line.

Thanks again.

seedie 16:15 10 Jul 03

I'm a whs user too.

The thing to do is put the new dialup number in the whs setup box and use that.

Mail me off list for it.

CD

Morgan 16:45 10 Jul 03

Thanks very much. I've just sent you an email.

The email I received on 30/6 says 'If you have already upgraded your service over the last 7 days you will not need to do it again'. I did it 3 weeks ago so do I need to do it again? It's not clear.

I still can't get through on any of the support or tech lines - either engaged or no answer - it's appalling service. I'm prepared to pay 50p per minute if only they would speak to me!

No answer to any of my emails either!

Morgan 10:03 11 Jul 03

I eventually got through on one of the support lines this morning - apparently there is a general problem with Breathe & WHSmithnet at the moment, so if you know anyone who uses these ISPs, please let them know! They're hoing to resolve it today.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009