Whot happens if this forum does not cure a problem

misog 21:16 18 Nov 03

Let us know how a problem was fixed

Rtus 21:23 18 Nov 03

we sit in a corner sulking. NOT ...LOL

Forum Editor 21:36 18 Nov 03

at the first attempt we try again, and again etc.

My experience over three years has taught me that many forum helpers are prepared to keep at it until there's some ray of light, and although some threads may run for days there is eventually a happy outcome. Some of the problems we get are extraordinary, and I am full of admiration for the people who give so freely of their time, and try over and over to arrive at a solution. It's partly what makes this forum so special, and sets us apart from many others.

misog 21:46 18 Nov 03

I have been looking at this site,even before I had a PC,and I feel that there must be a enormous font of knowledge out there where problems have been resolved but we don't get to hear about it.

VoG II 21:50 18 Nov 03

In an ideal world posters would tell us exactly what cured their problem and apply the venerated Green Tick.

However, you have to appreciate that forum users often come here in a panic because they have an insoluble (to them) problem. Once a fix is provided they just get on with their lives.

I agree that it is frustrating sometimes but what can you do?

misog 22:00 18 Nov 03

Post a occasional reminder like mine!!!

Pesala 22:09 18 Nov 03

and constantly remind people to ensure that their thread title describes their problem, but it makes no noticeable difference, and probably never will, because those who visit occasionally or for the first time never see the reminders, they just post their threads.

keith-236785 23:15 18 Nov 03

If we on this forum cant fix it, i'm sure PCWorld can (if you just wan't your hard drive formatting, their way of problem solving {from Micromart, not me}) and of course at a price.

like already said people give their time free to help (and get help) others who have a problem.

that's why I come on this forum, to help but I have also learned a lot at the same time (thanks VOG, DIESSE and everyone else)

Qmar 01:23 19 Nov 03

..whot?why gnot -as suggested many a time .. re-post after a few 'refreshes'; re-phrasing you prob. (pref. on a Friday pm.?) ;->

ahales42 02:02 19 Nov 03

I think this post means that if no-one here can solve the problem, what other avenues are open to someone?

rent-a-cop 04:31 19 Nov 03

an expensive system analyst, or perhaps paul daniels...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…