Whos Antispyware?

powerless 11:43 09 Jan 05

Default Install of Microsofts Antispyware gives you this on a tool tip of the icon that is placed on the desktop.

click here

It cheered me up and no doubt MS know by now.

ACOLYTE 11:46 09 Jan 05

What does the validate thing mean and do you need to install the activex controll?

powerless 11:49 09 Jan 05

You mean when you download the file?

It's a way validating your copy of Windows is legal. The ActiveX is the validator...

You don't have to be validated and you can downlaod the file easily.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:49 09 Jan 05

Tried a right click on the icon and got

"Scan GIANTAnispywareMain.exe" :o)

ACOLYTE 11:55 09 Jan 05

Does this run ok with other spyware apps? i dont wont a conflict,i have dloaded it but not installed it yet.As i have never used Giant spyware i cant comment on the icon,lol.

JIM 11:59 09 Jan 05

As you say Powerless GIANTAntiSpywareMain all over icons/satellite etc.

As long as it works and does the job.:)

rawprawn 12:09 09 Jan 05

No problem with conflicts, I also run Spybot, Spywareblaster, Adaware, and Ccleaner

rawprawn 12:13 09 Jan 05

Just one thing I have had a bit of a conflict with Spywareguard regarding Start pages, and I have had to tell MS Antispyware to "Always ignore" my home page tiscali. It showed it as a possible threat. Anyone else with a similar problem.

Baslla321 12:20 09 Jan 05

rawprawn - Same with me. As I do not have Internet explorer as default page, it asks my permission to either accept it or change it.

rawprawn 12:34 09 Jan 05

You can change it's default by going into Advanced Tools / Browser Hijack you can then change various settings, but there are a number of them and I found it a bit complicated but got what I wanted in the end.

Graham ® 12:37 09 Jan 05

The technology was acquired from Giant Company Software. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…