whoops! formatted 30gb HD to 1.99gb Poss reversal?

richardkms 13:21 18 Jun 06

Hi,

I've got a problem - whilst installing xp pro I ticked the wrong one where the 'install on which partition?' was mentioned and so after formatting as well I was left with a 1.99gb hard disk when windows loaded !! I tried to format the whole disk by reformatting and installing again but I wasn't supprised when it didn't work. How can I reverse all that I've done and open up the drive to the original 30gb?
Here's hoping.......

Richard.

AndySD 13:28 18 Jun 06

Boot the PC with the cd and choose R for the recovery Console log in as the Aministrator and use diskpart click here

wobblymike 13:28 18 Jun 06

Simply wipe, repartition and reformat and then do a clean install.

What are you using to format? if its a Win 98 boot disc you can do better than that - who is the manufacturer of your HDD?

wobblymike 13:30 18 Jun 06

PS I assume you don't have the capacity clip jumper selected on the drive this would produce the same result i.e. a 2gb drive

Jak_1 13:34 18 Jun 06

Methinks you will need to get rid of the partition before reformatting and re-installing.

This may help:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…