whoops

skinny123 16:01 04 Aug 06

I seem to have cleared something by accident.....yes i was clearing some rubbish from my recycle bin and have done something stupid by the looks of it.

I have a message when i start my computer "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD_ROM or other removable disk which is not available....

Insert Sonic Update Manager disc and click OK"

Everything seems to be working fine, but it will not let me cancell this message or turn off my computer(which has been on for three days now)

I have googled for that disk and downloaded, but the message persists....any help please

P.S. I have checked all the disks i own and none fit the discription, infact there is only one i don't know what it is.

SANTOS7 16:17 04 Aug 06

click here
follow thread it may help..

FelixTCat 16:18 04 Aug 06

skinny,

Try the reset button to turn off you pc or, if all else fails, turn it off at the mains. Reboot and see if it restarts. Face it - it can't be worse than what you have now.

If there are problems on restart, boot up into Safe mode run msconfig and look for entries in the startup list that might relate to this problem and stop them. Then reboot.

Regards,

Felix

skinny123 00:43 08 Aug 06

SANTOS7 nice one thanks, i think i have sorted it?

terryf 01:17 08 Aug 06

how?

skinny123 01:01 19 Aug 06

terryf

I just followed SANTOS7's link and it seemed to work fine.......hope you work it out

SG Atlantis® 09:42 19 Aug 06

FelixTCat

Bad advice to pull the plug on a system.

Bringing up task manager by ctrl alt del would have allowed the running processes to be killed and then shut the computer down properly.

FelixTCat 12:46 19 Aug 06

SG Atlantis®,

Please read the original post: "it will not let me cancell this message or turn off my computer(which has been on for three days now)"

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017