a whole cd on to 500 floppies?????

BIG ben strikes 10 12:12 04 Aug 04

i was wondering was there any mad tool in the world that i could use to fit a whole cd to 500 floppies like you have to insert the next after the next and so on.it works for a wizzard disk in xp "file transfer wizzard".so you there must be such a program.i would like to fit a office suit on my laptop that dosn't have a cd drive.does anyone know of such a program?.thanks ben

leo49 12:16 04 Aug 04

Doesn't answer the query but wouldn't it be more economical to buy an external CDRW rather than 500 floppies?

BIG ben strikes 10 12:25 04 Aug 04

for £20 i got over 2000 floppy disks.lol.tht isn't a problem

vinnyT 12:26 04 Aug 04

Or even network your pc with the LT to install the software.

A program like Winzip is able to store large files to multiple floppies, maybe if you copied the cd to your hd, then used Winzip it may work. But this would surely drive you mad, installing 500 disks, I really think (for the sake of your sanity) you should look at either networking or an externat cd, as mentioned above.

vinnyT 12:27 04 Aug 04

Or even network your pc with the LT to install the software.

A program like Winzip is able to store large files to multiple floppies, maybe if you copied the cd to your hd, then used Winzip it may work. But this would surely drive you mad, installing 500 disks, I really think (for the sake of your sanity) you should look at either networking or an externat cd, as mentioned above.

Sethhaniel 12:43 04 Aug 04

Winzip spanned save will do job but
one bad sector in the middle of one disk -maybe disk No 499 and the whole process is ruined

take it there's no USB on Laptop - memory stick would be solution

BIG ben strikes 10 12:48 04 Aug 04

i was thinking about over the network but i can't find the drivers for my 3COM mhz 10mbps card.know where i can get them?.thanks alot.ben

rabbitrabbit 12:49 04 Aug 04

no way would i sit there for 10 hours going through floppy disks!! what exactly is the disc you are copying from? is it for transferring to another computer? maybe there is a way of downloading it from the net? gotta be a better plan that the 500 disks.

€dstowe 12:53 04 Aug 04

Seriously consider getting a more up-to-date computer.

A computer without such basic things as a CD drive is unlikely to have the capacity or capability of utilising modern programs to their best performance. Indeed, I am somehwat doubtful that they would work at all.

vinnyT 12:56 04 Aug 04

Hi, put your card in google and it came up with this website for your drivers click here

Hope this helps.

Going offline now, stupid work to do.

PS. sorry double post.

BIG ben strikes 10 12:57 04 Aug 04

i am going to download the trial of winzip 9.0 can do it using this?.thanksn alot all of you.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…