Who will rid me of this meddlesome icon?

maltose 15:41 06 Feb 07

I had a problem with "Antivermin". I have used AVG (spyware and virus detection) and Microsoft Defender. All three now tell me I am no longer threatened. I have used Regscrub and Ccleaner. However, I still have an annoying red circle, with a stripe across it, icon in the bottom right toolbar. This icon produces a balloon "Safety Alert" encouraging me to visit the dodgy antivermin website. I have made the icon "always hidden" (but this seems to have some exceptions on startup)in the toolbar customise but I really want to expel it totally. Startup Inspector does not reveal any obvious culprits in the startup programmes. Do you expertsd have any ideas

VoG II 15:41 06 Feb 07
  maltose 15:57 06 Feb 07

VoG that was great. Thank you. I now no longer have the icon, but there is a sinister folder in the lower half of the toolbar customise window labelled "Safety Alert" can I get rid of this folder in anyway?

Totally-braindead 16:19 06 Feb 07

You could try going to START, RUN and type MSCONFIG and then go to the startup tab and see if theres anything suspicious listed there. Do watch what you disable as some of the programs need to run in order for windows to load.

VoG II 16:23 06 Feb 07
  maltose 18:19 06 Feb 07

Thank you again VoG, Toolbar is, on this quick look better than Startup Inspector. however, it does not list any of the "Past Items" from the Customise Notification Window and it is there that this wretched folder lies.

Ben capewell 21:08 06 Feb 07

I did have some problems with boot speed and problems, and i asked a friend, and then went onto try and use some thing called 'JV16POWERTOOLS' try to google it, it was months ago so cant remember the exact site, but seemed a very powerfull tool but use with caution

Totally-braindead 21:11 06 Feb 07

If you right click on this icon and goto properties does it come up with anything, by this I mean does it say anything about the target directory to tell you where its loaded from so you can go there and delete it.

VoG II 21:12 06 Feb 07

Available from click here

Ben capewell 21:13 06 Feb 07

click here this can clean anything if you have a specific problem to target.

Ben capewell 21:15 06 Feb 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…