who-what is connecting me to the internet

plectrum 08:15 06 Jun 04

My internet connection is constantly being dialled, everytime i disconnect, a few seconds later it is connected again. how can i find what program is doing this, i have checked everything i can think of which may be set to automatically update but can't find anything, i have win xp pro with broadband, would appreciate any help.

VoG II 08:35 06 Jun 04

Check for spyware using Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

johnnyrocker 08:52 06 Jun 04

there is no danger if you are on broadband unless you have onboard modem for fax etc.

johnny.

ps what was the solution so we can all share?

son-of-a-gun 08:53 06 Jun 04

Plectrum go to start > settings > network connections check out if you have your normal ISP as the default connection if this is not the case some web site could have created a new connection for you, be concerned if so, and get rid of it, right click on your real default connection > properties put a tick in the show icon in the notification area when connected. This gives you twin monitors by the clock telling you your online if you right click on the monitor you can disconnect.

Go to control panel > internet options > connections select always dial my default connection. Make sure by the way that your normal ISP is shown in this window pane, as the default connection. There maybe more that more experienced than me can had, but I hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…