Who was the last 'user' on ? XP

VideoSentry 18:58 07 May 05

having seven people that use the computer and on various occasions they ( the Users ) lock/crash/jam printer/etc. When asked they all say " Was'nt Me Dad" is there any way that I can check who logged on and what time? I have XP with all updates.

mattyc_92 19:00 07 May 05

I am not aware, but there are probably some good third party programs that will do this

GroupFC 22:14 07 May 05

I ahe had a quick "google" anfd it would seem that you can only do this within XP if you are using XP professional using group policies.

As mattyc_92 says there may be a 3rd party app, that will enable you to do this but I haven't found any!

selfbuild 22:20 07 May 05

Goto the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer and check the logs....

GroupFC 22:36 07 May 05

There you go selfbuild has the answer - I have just trawled through the security log in event viewer and can see when each of the four users on my machine have logged on.

With seven you could have fun trying to find the culprit especially if they don't log off before the next one uses the machine or if they know/guess each others log-on passwords!

VideoSentry 12:13 08 May 05

Thank You both for your help, I will have a go at finding the culprit!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…