Who is Lindburgh?

wee eddie 17:29 09 Sep 07

On what basis does he use this scatter-gun approach to Assistance.

Does he/she know what's going on?

Are the tips reliable?

ambra4 17:47 09 Sep 07

Just someone with a lot of hot air no help he should be posting in the speaker corner forum

Totally-braindead 17:48 09 Sep 07

See what you mean click here , not a clue is what I say about it. To be honest I couldn't be bothered reading the stuff.

Theres plenty of tips out there that are reliable from well known sources. I must say it must have taken him a while to type all that though.

Must admit I've never heard of him/her and therefore am loath to take anything said at face value. Tips gotten from bits ripped out of papers etc, dear me.

And as for his CDs, well I for one am not interested and if he hasn't got permission to do this, which I don't think he can have it won't be long before the FE deletes it.

It looks to me like advertising to be honest.

Totally-braindead 18:09 09 Sep 07

Oh dear just read some of it

"Most computers contain a little battery.
It is very similar to the ones used in digital cameras .
You will probably find that the battery isn't visible, as it is usually located in small holder in the motherboard. However, they can be replaced without much trouble.
One of the main reason for the computer battery is to keep time.
The battery powers a small chip called the Real Time Clock (or RTC).
The battery actually contains approximately 64 bytes of your computer's RAM. However, the battery only uses 10 bytes of that, which leaves 54 bytes open for other purposes. "

What a load of total rubbish. A battery actually contains 64 bytes of memory? How does a battery contain computer memory? It supplies backup power to the motherboard that stores info, the battery is just a battery, nothing else. It contains no memory. Batteries provide power not memory.

I'm not reading the rest as the majority of it is just a printout of computer terms that anyone can get with a simple internet search. That is the ones that are right.

my sentiments exactly..
lets hope fellow p.c.a members dont take his post as good advice
kind regards akanic

skidzy 19:41 09 Sep 07

Well just had a read through the thread and im a little stunned,its lot of rubbish basically though some may find it interesting.

To me it looks like a lot of cut and paste going on from various Google searches.

I think i know who i will ask if i need advice...the trusted soldiers of PCA.

Though i suppose i do admire the time and effort Lindburgh has made to try and impress the PCA members,the approach could be different though.

Noldi 20:01 09 Sep 07

Got to be nuts to sit and type that lot out.
I got bored after flicking through the first post.

Noldi

tullie 20:10 09 Sep 07

Waqsent the Lindberg an airship?That was full of hot air lol

wee eddie 23:03 09 Sep 07

Charles Lindberg was the first person to fly the Atlantic "Solo". His plane was called "The Spirit of St Louis" but i can't remember when.

His little boy was kidnapped and killed even though the ransom was paid.

Belatucadrus 01:06 10 Sep 07

Let me see now, Lindburgh or Black Viper ?

No contest !

PS anybody ever seen a digital camera powered by button cells ?

had to laugh at this

However, my Lawyers insists that I state :-
Lindburgh does not accept any responsibility for the implementation of these tips.
The information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from infringement.
The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of these tips
If subsequent damage is incurred by the correct , or incorrect usage of these tips, it is the responsibility of the users, and not Lindburgh’s

so a total confidence in his/her advice and tips then.. must of been to court and has been advised to put a disclaimer in to protect him/her next time :p

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…