who else thinks windows defender is waste of time?

Mit123 12:05 01 Apr 06

i think microsft windows it a total waste of time!! i dont no why they bothered of making a BETA 2,, BETA 1 was much more beter!

who else thinks windows defender is waste of time?

ACOLYTE 12:08 01 Apr 06

Well,personally i find it a good program i may be amongst the lucky ones that hasn't had any problems with it as yet,to say it's a waste of time is a bit harsh at the minute as you said yourself it is still a "beta" program,and hopefully things can only get better.

Mit123 12:09 01 Apr 06

well your the lucky one. i have got sveral update issues along with loads of other people.

Lettervanman 12:12 01 Apr 06

Like all things to do with computers it can be a pain at times.But it has worked o.k. for me,though in my case at least, a system restore does upset it!

Devil Fish 12:12 01 Apr 06

Beta means it is still in testing if you have problems with it inform microsoft

the whole idea of beta testing is to put a product out ion the public domain and recieve feedback on bugs and issues

crosstrainer 12:13 01 Apr 06

it's not foolproof... but it's in beta spyware doctor is excellent but you gotta pay!

dms05 12:14 01 Apr 06

It's kept my laptop free of all the nasties it was designed to prevent. It updates without a problem and scans quickly. I'd vote it a very good Beta version.

hzhzhz 12:14 01 Apr 06

Ive replaced Defender and spybot with Spywareblaster. Also have aol antispy. I'll see how it goes. I like to experiment and if it all goes pear shaped, no big deal.

J B 12:31 01 Apr 06

I hear that WinPatrol is very good, doesn't use many resources and works along happily with Spywareblaster. I haven't tried it yet, has anyone else? J.B.

ACOLYTE 12:44 01 Apr 06

I think this program is being judged harshly,sure people have problems but if everyone who uses it dumps it at the first sign of trouble it will never get out of the beta stage.There is some excellent help available for this app both on here and the Defender forums and some on the MS site,and if people would take the time to look then they could most probably solve there problem,instead of just giving up on the app.

ulrich 12:50 01 Apr 06

I have not had any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac