Who do I renew my domain name with?

Pusherman 06:58 03 Apr 05

A few years ago I registered a domain name with company 'A'. Later I registered another name with company 'B' (They simply provided a better service).

In the mean time I got company 'A' to change the tags for the domain name to be for company 'B'.

I have just received an email from company 'A' telling me that my domain name is about to expire and needs renewing. Who do I renew this domain name with? Is it company 'A' who I originally registered it with or is it company 'B' who I changed the tags to?

Hope that makes sence :)

Pusherman.

octal 08:25 03 Apr 05

Who is your domain name registered with? If your domain name ends with .uk its usually Nominet.

Pusherman 08:42 03 Apr 05

It is a .co.uk domain name, but you don't pay nominet direct you pay the registering company in this case 'A' or 'B'.

octal 08:54 03 Apr 05

If you changed from company 'A' to company 'B' to host your site, then company A should have let the people responsable for registering you domain name know that you have changed Agent, so go back to company 'A' and tell them the error of their ways. These are the terms of Nominet: click here section 5.4 relates to what the agent should be doing.

This is what should happens when its time for renewal click here

octal 08:58 03 Apr 05

Sorry about the grammer!

Pusherman 09:11 03 Apr 05

That answers my question.

I've just done a whois search and it clearly states that the domain name is not up for renewal until May 2006.

I'll send a (polite) email to company 'A' explaining that their request is a) 12 months too early and b) not them I should be paying.

Thanks again

Pusherman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…