Who is cheapest ISP for occasional use.

prince midas 18:41 21 Jul 03

At the moment I am on PlusNet at £9 a month but am finding due to going abroad for 3 months of the year and the rest of the time I am on the internet for only 3 hours a week.

I could go pay as you go but would prefer a fixed payement of say around £5 a month for say 4 or 5 hours a week.

This would suit me and would be cheaper than pay as you go.

The only one I have found is daytime only with Tiscali at £5 a month.

Are there any other ISP doing the same and as anyone used this Tiscali service.
Best wishes.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:56 21 Jul 03

Tiscali dial up is an excellent service and you will not find much cheaper than £5/month.

G

Pamy 19:04 21 Jul 03

Try Tesco
Pamy

Djohn 19:16 21 Jul 03

click here Freeuk is a free dial-up ISP, no fees, just pay for the cost of a local call.

This would seem to be ideal for your intended use of 3 to 5 hours per month. If your calls are in the evening/weekend, you will be paying approx. £3.00 per month in phone charges, even if some of your calls are in the day, you should still be able to stay within your budget.

This ISP is also a good choice if you wish to make your calls from different phone numbers, as there are no restrictions on where you call from. The cost of the call is billed to the phone account you log on from.

First time connections most times and a good quality service with excellent help via phone, [Local rate] or by the very comprehensive on-line help and tutorials on all aspects of setting up/using your account. j.

palinka 21:45 21 Jul 03

Try Onetel - one penny a minute at any hour of day or night for pay as you go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…