Who asked for help with different paper trays?

keith-236785 07:22 01 Jun 04

a few days ago, someone posted a thread asking for help with a printing problem.

the idea was for a macro to run which would allow different paper trays to be chosen. i have found some info on this but cannot now find the original thread. I don't know if it resolved or not, so i will wait and see if someone comes forward for this info.

ventanas 08:30 01 Jun 04

I have not seen the thread you mention, but I have been trying to this with Word for months. I have actually given up, so any info you may have I would be very grateful for. All I want to do is print the first copy from tray 2 and all subsequent from tray three. No matter how many copies of the doc there are. Always works once and then goes to pot.

keith-236785 15:02 01 Jun 04

ventanas,

the info required was in the may issue of computer shopper, i have sent an e-mail asking if they could send it to me (i have the mag & could type it in but would hate to get it wrong)

the answer in the mag goes like this.......

If your'e using Microsoft Word the macro below should help. You can choose the PageSetup property of the ActiveDocument, and set the PageSetup's FirstPageTray and OtherPagesTray properties to use the upper bin first. the document is printed using ActiveDocument.printOut

Then the process is repeated to use the lower bin.

there is also a small picture of an option screen which i guess is available as a result of the macro.

he then goes onto the macro itself:

Sub bothtrays()<- (<- = enter)

With ActiveDocument.PageSetup <-

.FirstPageTray = wdPrinterUpperBin <-

.OtherPagesTray = wdPrinterUpperBin <-

End With <-

ActiveDocument.PrintOut <-

With ActiveDocument.PageSetup <-

.FirstPageTray = wdPrinterLowerBin <-

.OtherPagesTray = wdPrinterLowerBin <-

End With <-

ActiveDocument.PrintOut <-

End Sub <-

That is the macro, if you copy and paste. remember to remove the <- from each line or it will crash.

i dont know how to impliment a macro in word but there it is anyway.

hope this helps, i take no credit for this macro except for typing it in for you.

if i recieve the e-mail, i will forward it to you.

ventanas 15:18 01 Jun 04

Thank you very much. I will have a go tomorrow when I will have more time. I am very grateful.

keith-236785 15:49 01 Jun 04

you are more than welcome my friend, i just hope it works for you.

because of the formatting problem on this forum i had to put an extra line between each line or it would have messed up the look of the macro, if you copy & paste, you would also need to remove the blank lines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…