Whjere can I find Windows Explorer?

Ankermi31 15:23 13 Dec 05

Hi, I have Windows XP Windows Edition. Had system 12 months but little used due to eye surgery til now!

Today decided to use Windows Explorer but its "hiding away". I have no icon on the desk top and going into Start, Accessories,where I thought it might be lurking have discovered it is not there either

Whilst not a major problem would like to find it.

Any ideas please.

Stuartli 15:28 13 Dec 05

It should be in Start>Programs>Windows Explorer.

rawprawn 15:29 13 Dec 05

Go to Start/Search and type Windows Explorer it will find it for you and then you can drag a shortcut onto your desktop

Gongoozler 15:31 13 Dec 05

Hi Ankermi. Look for C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe, and create a shortcut to it. If you make the target of the shortcut C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,C:, then Windows Explorer will open at the C: drive. You can modify the last bi for any start point you want. If you need further advice on this, just ask.

recap 15:33 13 Dec 05

Right click the Start button and select Explore.

pauldonovan 15:34 13 Dec 05

Try holding "Windows Key" and E down to get Explorer. Also can right-click on the Start menu and pick "Explore" from the menu that comes up. I never go finding it in the menus these days.

Ankermi31 15:38 13 Dec 05

Sorry Guys
Stuart it is not in Strt Programs Windows Explorer!! Got Internet Explorer.

rawprawn. No sorry. Does not like that either says nothing found!!

Tried yours too! I put your C:\etc etc IN sTART/search and tried various options and it says no no no!

So I am asking again please (I have a bit of a sight prob so sorry about mistakes etc and no tech replies either please!!)

Hamish 15:43 13 Dec 05

Try, Start, Programs, Accessories and it should be lurking in there.

rawprawn 15:51 13 Dec 05

Go to Start/Run/Type sfc /scannow (watch the space between sfc and /) hit enter. You will need your XP disc

Graham ® 15:54 13 Dec 05

I seem to remenber in the mists of time I posted about my Windows Explorer going missing. Try: Start, Run, 'sfc /scannow', OK. Note the space. This will scan for missing or corrupt files.

rawprawn 15:57 13 Dec 05

I am not certain that sfc will replace Windows Explorer if nt look at this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…