White screen of death

julfr 21:21 16 Nov 04

Unlike other white screen threads i have read, My PC suffers a total white screen crash with no error messages or lines. Occurs most days and there is no response to CTL ALT DEL. Only solution is to cut power and leave for half hour. Usually occurs whilst browsing web with IE6. Did a virus scan with modem disconnected. Half way through scan, brief white screen then resumed normally. No virus found. System is windows XP Home. AV Panda Titanium 2004. Kerio Personal Firewall (freebie edition). Problem been occuring for a month, but PC has worked fine for the year before.
Any help much appreciated!
Thanks, Julian.

stalion 21:33 16 Nov 04

check all internal componants are seated ok,memory,graphics card etc

julfr 18:28 22 Nov 04

Thanks Stalion.
I found nothing obviously loose and the PC has not been moved about, but as you suggested I made sure everyhing was pushed home anyway. As it happens there has been no reccurence of the problem in the last few days (the crash previously occurred almost daily). Fingers crossed!

Cheers, Julian.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…