white flashing monitor

lisa02 23:48 15 Jan 05

We bought a custom made pc the week before christmas and have noticed that the monitor (tft) flashes white when its turned on. it doesn't go onto the computer startup screen. It needs to be turned off and on again before you see any computer startup/desktop

any advice

THE TERMINATOR 00:30 16 Jan 05

Test all the cables and try another monitor, if you don't get the same result then you have two options. 1) you could try and get the latest drivers for your monitor and graphics card, but if this doesn't help then you can get the monitor replaced under the warranty....TT

lisa02 22:16 18 Jan 05

I couldn't find an update for the monitor drivers (plug and play bit). Updated the drivers, several times for the graphics card. It's an nvidia 128mb 5700le. Problem went away for a while but then came back. I find if I turn the monitor on first it does not happen so much.

Thanks for your input.

lisa

THE TERMINATOR 03:13 02 Feb 05

Sounds like a faulty monitor. Get it seen to now, while it is still under warranty or you will regret that, when it packs up. There should be no reason you should have to put up with anything that is less than perfect....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…