white edge on gif. tranparency

Hey folks, thought id cracked this - getting there

click here

when i upload a gif. with a trans background im lefy with a ' white dusty edge ', short of cutting it out then doing it all again in front of a black layer, im stuck.....pls help using photoshop7.....thanks folks

Eric10 20:08 03 Jun 06

I don't use Photoshop 7 so I can't be too specific and I don't know what method you are using to create your oval. I think that it may be because the pixels at the edge of your photo are merged gradually to the background colour so that when you set the background to be transparent these pixels are not quite the same colour so are missed.
You could try creating a new canvas of a suitable size with a transparent background then use your oval selector on the photo and cut and paste it into the new canvas.

thanks, i dont notice it till i save for web,surely its a seeting there - i usualy extract the original using the magic eraser, then when the worst is out i clean up with a regular eraser, if i throw a stroke effect on it, i can see the rough edge, if i proceed to erase the dirty edge till clean i still get dusty white edges when i save ?????????????
.....gonna be a long one i think. cheers Eric 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…