white desktop

conrail 21:51 03 Sep 10

using vista home premium 64 bit sp1, after resetting to factory settings and reinstalling software everything was fine until I installed Nuance PDF Reader then desktop which I had customised turned white, clicking on 'show desktop' it reverts back to my settings but as soon as I click on a file or program the desktop turns white again, clicking on 'show desktop' shows the desktop but minimises the program,
it should not be nuance as I had this before I reset the pc,
all hekp and advice greatly accepted

jamesd1981 12:56 04 Sep 10

check through all your file type associations, make sure somehow none have become associated with the wrong program.

northumbria61 13:22 04 Sep 10

I would go to "Task Manager" and view just what applications are running when you get this "white screen" - you should find the culprit.

conrail 21:58 04 Sep 10

thanks jamesd1981 and northumbria61, switched on this morning and problem appears to have gone away, have followed your suggestions but everythinbg appears fine so no idea on what happened, maybe it was nuance, did not use saved download from previous use, did fresh download from filehippo, maybe it was that program, anyway I have downloaded foxit reader, still everything fine this evening so it looks sorted, so many thanks for your time, help and adfvice, I appreciate it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…