while playing video screen freeze

DenDiesel 08 Sep 11

Hello, I have 1 pc,2 ssd's. one with windows one with linux. only one at the time are being used in my pc.(i switch them) but both have the same problem.

if i play a video file, screen freeze and sound continues. i tried tackling the problem. memory banks are all oke.

what is more likely to be the issue? motherboard or videocard?

thank you for your time and help.

northumbria61 08 Sep 11

Try updating the driver for your Graphics card via Device Manager. You could also with the PC switched off remove your graphics card and with a soft brush clean out the slot and remove any surface dust from the card - replace correctly before starting up PC.

northumbria61 08 Sep 11

Do you also have the latest Codecs pack installed - download here enter link description here

DenDiesel 08 Sep 11

drivers are up to date on both OS. and already cleaned all slots on the motherboard.. video and memory banks.

but thanx for the reply

letsgetrdy 09 Sep 11

Have you followed the proper precautions on your ssd's, for example, intels toolbox for intel ssds. What ssds are they.

DenDiesel 09 Sep 11

kingston ssd's

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message