While initializing device VKD windows protection -

Giggle n' Bits 19:55 02 Feb 03

error. You need to restart your computer.

Ok sussed this out to be a keyboard problem I think? also looked at MS article 263318

This is a Win98 computer. The keyboard has been unpluged(PS2) then pluged back in and then switched on again and still problem persists.

Safe mode is not possible and reverts back to original error for VKD error above.

Please can anyhone help me get my main computer back up and running in Winodws. I have college homework to print off.

JoeC 19:58 02 Feb 03
  Giggle n' Bits 23:34 02 Feb 03

Tried 2 other K/boards and no different but not getting C: drive failure Abort/retry/ignore.

The Floppy is A Drive
HDD Main is C: & partitoned
Anthoer HDD is D:
E is a DVD
F is a CDReWtr

The boot up sticks with VK and not now showing VKD virtual Keyboard error, then you get the chance to start in Safe mode then it goes to C: Abort/Retry/ignore

Is this a Dead or faulty HDD all cables secure and nothing changed.

Can anyone help me please?

woodchip 23:38 02 Feb 03

Hope you did not remove it when it was switched on

woodchip 23:39 02 Feb 03

PS I think you meen a VXD prob that's a driver check device manager for yellow marks

Giggle n' Bits 23:44 02 Feb 03

but now indicates C: Drive (HDD) Error.
sticks at boot up C:/ abort/retry/ignore

Weired any suggestions as I only seen this with a floppy drive.

woodchip 23:45 02 Feb 03

Run SFC from the run box

Giggle n' Bits 00:08 03 Feb 03

Scan Disk ran ok earlier in Boot up screen a command prompt but this problem has developed since.

It is not possible to get into windows just the Start up options and Safe mode just takes you to the C: the original HDD (Partitioned)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…