which wireless usb adapter?.

lizlez 13:31 29 Nov 10

Hi
Ihave a dual boot desktop pc running xp and vista the problem i have is that my belkin wireless adapter does not allow me to get the internet on vista.Is there amore recent adapter which will allow me to access the internet on vista ,the xp sde is fine.
Hope you can help cheers Les.

scotty 14:37 29 Nov 10

I have used this small dongle available from 7dayshop on XP & vista - click here

Having said that, I am surprised that there is no vista driver for your belkin device. Have you checked for driver updates?

Woolwell 14:47 29 Nov 10

Doubt that it needs the driver/software. Does it install ok under Vista? If so try using Vista's own wireless connection instead of the Belkin software.

lizlez 19:30 26 Jul 11

cheers scotty and woolwell, i still have had no joy getting on the iternet with vista.i have got so fed up with it i decided to go back to wired, which was ok before went wireless.Now i cant get on whilst wired. I plug the ethernet cable into my router and i too get the message cable not plugged in and the light on the front of my router flashes, also the network simbal on my pc flashes connected /not connected. does this suggest a router problem , hope not as its not very old( out of interest its a 64 bit system). hope someone can help thanks les.

woodchip 19:33 26 Jul 11

why not check belkin site for new drivers for it when using vista

robin_x 19:41 26 Jul 11

I have a BIG Belkin Dongle which I use on an old XP laptop.

It's a bit hit and miss with which security key it selects. Keeps defaulting to WEP when I want WPA2. This prevents connection.

I just manually change it if the auto connection fails. Only a few seconds but still annoying.

I did try the XP connection instead of the Belkin app, but I think that would not allow WPA2 at all. I forget now.

I would imagine Vista would though.

Check if its just a 'key' problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac