Which Wireless router to choose?????

alkebab 10:53 01 Jan 09

Hi,
I currently have a dsl modem from Virgin Media (Motorola sbs 100), but it is quite restricting. I would like to move into this century and upgrade to a wireless router.
I have had a look on various websites but there is too much information and choice.

My requirements are:
To connect 1 desktop Dell pc
To connect 1 Fujitsu Laptop
To connect to Xbox Live
To connect a PSP to the internet

Hopefully not all at once, but can anyone point me in the right direction. I.e Is there a website that will give options based on my requirements.

Cheers

Al

crosstrainer 11:03 01 Jan 09

You're requirements are limited by you ISP's ability to provide the speed you are looking for.

Check your cable situation:

click here

Dmiles 11:13 01 Jan 09

I have ben using Edimax for a considerable time and in all situations my Edimax Wireless router alond with satelite hardware for installing into more PC's etc, has never failed.

LEGGGGY 11:21 01 Jan 09

hi, im with aol with 2mb and use their basic wireless router with a pc , 2 laptops ,wii and psp plus any other elec stuff the kids throw at it and all works fine, very easy to set up ( my 12yr old set up everything wireless ) and has no limitations beit in the house or garden..

crosstrainer 11:33 01 Jan 09

It'll not improve. don't buy new kit.

alkebab 11:41 01 Jan 09

Hi ,
My download speed is 2mb and upload speed is 245kbs.

does that help????

Zaphod 3 17:30 01 Jan 09

Phone Virgin and upgrade to 4mb while asking for their free router, or just ask to see if they will supply one free of charge without upgrading.

Strawballs 21:14 01 Jan 09

I have been using a linksys wrt54g now for over 4yrs without problems on Virgin (NTL) cable connection obviously your would want a later model but to be honest they are all pretty good nowadays.

click here Any one of these will do.

alkebab 06:38 06 Jan 09

Thanks everyone for your much needed help.
It was my first time on the site and found all you guys/gals really helpful.

As Arnie sais "Asta lavista"

I ended up purchasing a draft n device. and I will let you all know how I get on with it.

click here

Cheers

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…