Which wireless router

HokkaHokka 23:40 16 Aug 14

Hello,

I'm moving home and am planning on chaging broadband provider to Xilo Talk & Surf unmetered click here have the option of either going with their routers (Technicolor 582N or Technicolor TG589vn at £43 & £46 respectively) or going with my own.

I'm not too convinced about the routers they are offering for the price but having never had wireless broadband before I am a bit confused about what I will need.

Achievable speeds in my area are around 7.5mb-15mb & the kids like games such as Club Penguin etc.

We also have a tablet which will run off the same router and I also occasionally download large files such as movies & games off of Steam.

What should I be looking at in terms of router to ensure I have a consistently good experience? I'm prepared to spead around £60 but will consider more if strongly recommended/a false economy.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

HH

I

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:18 17 Aug 14

Very surprised they are charging for a router.

All the big companies give you a free router when you take out a contract (although the router is usually tied to the ISP and can't be used with other ISPs) and those prices aren't particularly cheap package prices anyway.

hastelloy 09:44 17 Aug 14

IMHO you won't do better than Zen Internet

HokkaHokka 21:58 18 Aug 14

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback so far...

I'm looking at the Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router at £44.02

click here it look decent or can I do better for a similar price?

Thanks

HH

Does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos