Which Wireless Router?

Leehndrsn 22:34 26 Jul 06

I'm wanting to share my AOL internet connection with 2 pc's at home via a wireless network and would like to know which one would best suit, my connection is AOL via cable and currently use the ethernet option rather than USB to connect modem to pc, would i also need just the router or would it need to be a modem/router? if so how do I determin which is for cable and which isn't?

Many thanks

ade.h 22:45 26 Jul 06

click here I've probably answered that same question more times than I can remember. 3Com 100A, Linksys WAG354G or WAG54GS, Belkin 7632UK (not the 4A suffix and not the 7633).

Leehndrsn 08:38 27 Jul 06

The linksys require BT broadband, I am on AOL via Cable (NTL) which is why I want to make sure I buy the right one which will work with the connection

mgmcc 08:53 27 Jul 06

As you have AOL delivered via the NTL Cable service, you must use a "Wireless Cable/DSL Router". Don't confuse the reference to DSL with routers which have a combined ADSL Modem, as these are only suitable for ADSL via the phone line.

I use a Linksys WRT54GS or Buffalo WYR-G54 with Telewest Cable, but I cannot confirm that either is compatible with AOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…