Which wireless multifunction

crispins 15:09 22 Apr 08

A friend, a new silver surfer, has just purchased a laptop and is wanting to get to grips with the internet etc. As the laptop has no fixed abode they want to have a wireless printer, scan copy & print, so they can connect without the problem of a cable each time they want to use it.

The Lexmark range seems to be the most reasonable cost wise to meet their budget but before suggesting these to them I would appreciate comments, budget under £100, laptop is Vista Home Basic and wireless enabled.

Gongoozler 15:44 22 Apr 08

Lexmark are certainly the cheapest, but if your friend also wants quality, then check out the Canon MP600R. It's quite a lot over budget, but you get what you pay for. I've been using one for some time now and not only is it excellent for printing and scanning, it gives a good crisp copy direct from scanner to printer and it even has a card reader built in.

€dstowe 15:48 22 Apr 08

I would never recommend a cheap printer because, not only are they built flimsily and cheaply, they tend to be very expensive to run - sometimes with a set of replacement ink cartridges costing almost as much as a new printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac