Which Wireless ADSL Router to Buy

scp99 13:42 07 Nov 05

Am considering getting Draytek 2600g wireless router with print server, for home network. Will only be a laptop and printer attached to network. Have used a draytrek 2600we in past and found it to be reliable.

The walls in the house that I will be installing it are on the thick side, which is why I plumped for the Draytek.

Can anyone recommend a device with same/ similar functionality that may be a little cheaper.

Any advice appreciated.

meccc5 20:36 12 Nov 05

What about

U.S.Robotics USR9108 MAXG ADSL Wireless Router with USB Print Server

I want to do the same thing and have just started my research.

scp99 11:04 13 Nov 05

Many thanks will investigate your suggestion.

When are you planning to purchase your router?
I'm not actually going to buy for about three weeks.

Could you let me know how you get on?

Any advise would be appreciated.

meccc5 22:37 16 Nov 05

I am going to buy soon because i'm fed up with my netgear dropping the wireless connectvity several times a day. I'm still undecided if to pay the extra money for the Draytek. All the reviews for the Draytek are good/excellent but I've struggled to find any reviews for the US Robotics. Also I'm toying with buying the VOIP Draytek. I'll let u know.

scp99 13:43 17 Nov 05

Have come up against your problem.

All the reviews for the draytek see excellent, but cannot find a review about the US Robotics.

I see that the Draytek 2600 has now been superceded with the 2800g. Not too sure about differences apart from upgrade to 108Mbps.

If you have a chance could you advise on a suitable compatable printer? Am stuggling at the moment. Need one that prints photo quality & ordinary text type docs etc.

Only if you have a chance!!

Many thanks

scp99 13:18 25 Nov 05

Have decided on the Draytek 2800g & netgear 108mbps network card. Purchased from DSL Warehouse as a bundle. Arrived yesterday. Just waiting for Broadband to be enabled next week.

Many thaks for your help

Mavericke 09:54 26 Nov 05

Why not get a Belkin with 108Mbps? It would cost less than £50 for it if you buy from pcworld.

reclaimjack 13:34 26 Nov 05

i dont know if this is the one u want but i got a 3com 11g wireless firwalled router from here it works ok click here

reclaimjack 13:35 26 Nov 05

it was only 12 quid

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…