Which Virtual CD program?

The BB 10:48 11 Jan 04

Christmas being good now means I've over the normal handful of CD's that 'must' be in the drive (reference material to kids games).
Running W2K and looking round, Paragon CD Emulator 2.5, 7Tools Virtual CD, Alcohol 120%, MediaGold Virtual CD 4, HH-ZFRK ranging from £10-45 or even free logicraft vcd10l.exe would all appear to do the job.
Any experiences good/bad or reviews that I could be aimed at please.

Mike ® 12:09 11 Jan 04

Daemon tools click here is freeware

soy 12:57 11 Jan 04

VirtualDrive

GameDrive

click here

OU812 20:28 12 Jan 04

I have been using the trial version of Virtual CD

file://C:\Program%20Files\Virtual%20CD%20v4\Language\ENG\HTML\vcddemo.htm

which I have found to work very well in practice and to be a real godsend since my PC base unit is located (for quietness sake) in another room and it was becoming a pain tooling over to the PC ever time I needed to use a program (such as Auto Route or a game) which need the CD inserted to run.

Just one point though installing more than one virtual drives caused my PC problems recognising my actual DVD and CDRW drives, but one Virtual drive all I need anyway.

Also don't expect to be able to copy movie DVD's since there copy protection makes it unlikely that any attempt to do so will be successful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…