which upgrade

peterb1947 15:40 09 Jan 06

i have about £150 to spend to upgrade my computer.
which do you think is the better, the asrock 775vm800 motherboard with a p4 3200 cpu or an asrock 939 dual sata motherboard with an athlon64 3200 cpu.
or does anybody know of a better motherboard for around £50

007al 15:54 09 Jan 06

Go for the AsRock.It has good reviews here click here for a few threads mentioning the AsRock dual SATA.They are the budget end of Asus.

Gongoozler 15:56 09 Jan 06

I have no experience of either of these motherboards, but many tests have shown that you get more for your money with AMD processors. Also worth noting is that Asrock is the budget branch of Asus, so it might be worth looking at how much a similarly specified Asus motherboard would cost.

007al 16:02 09 Jan 06

For the upgrade path,Asrock have it sewn up with AGP and PCI express on the same board.If you have an AGP graphics card,and dont want to upgrade in one go,this is the board,as you can replace the AGP card with a PC express later on.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:07 09 Jan 06

Given your two choices I would go with the Athlon setup. At Dabs you would save about £30.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…