Which Uninterruptable Power Supply?

bazbazbaz 18:09 08 Dec 03

I want a UPS and I thought it'd be best to find some reviews rather than just buying something but I haven't had a lot of luck, been reading a pc building guide that recommends Belkin Universal UPS 800 VA so I was just gonna buy it. What do you think, one UPS as good as another, anyone have any recommendations? TIA

Sir Radfordin 18:15 08 Dec 03

Have at the ones that these people have - click here (APC)

Pauper 19:39 08 Dec 03

Can't say if it's any better than anything else, but I have been running an APC back-ups pro 650 for about 3 years and never had a problem with it just sits there maintaining a nice steady voltage.

Powering a 21" monitor, pc, router and cable modem it give me about 15 mins of run time in the event of a power cut - more than enough to survive a short power cut or allow me to finish what I am doing and shutdown in the event of a longer one.

wee eddie 20:36 08 Dec 03

depending on the product purchased, it may be necessary to purchase new leads for each piece of equipment you wish to attach to your new UPS.

So check it's socket types before you buy!

Installer 20:49 08 Dec 03

I use this click here gives me about 15 mins backup with a 20 watt light and pc with 19" crt monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…