Which type of telephone cable?

Skinn 22:43 20 Dec 05

There is a break in the loop of my new house telephone sockets so the electrician has had to take a cable from the hall socket, drill through the wall and tack it to the skirting board. I am concerned about the quality of this cable - in my last house I wired up an extension for my internet connection and had problems with connection and disconnection. What sort of quality cable do I need especially for when I upgrade to Broadband?

woodchip 22:46 20 Dec 05

Just normal Telephone cable

woodchip 22:50 20 Dec 05

I use a four core wire with two plugs that I connected at one end and a Phone sock and BB Socket at the other end. so they can be plugged into filter separate

Forum Editor 23:11 20 Dec 05

standard telecoms cable you'll be fine. Most cable-related problems are the result of damaged insulation caused by clumsy installation. Telephone engineers use specially manufactured staple guns, but amateur installers use cable clips, and this can mean mis-hits when pinning. The conductors are very easy to damage in this way, and often the damage is hidden.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…