Which TVs display good quality computer pictures?

JAS100 23:12 01 Nov 06

Which TVs display good quality computer pictures

I want to display slide shows of the pictures that are on my hard disk (JPEGS)onto my next television. Do any televisions accept the monitor lead from a computer or would I require a special output from my computer for this?

Regards

John

woodchip 23:18 01 Nov 06

Why not put it on a DVD and then watch them? unless you do not have a DVD player that will play them

JAS100 23:34 01 Nov 06

Thanks for the reply:

I have done that in the past but think that playing them directly from a laptop would give greater flexibility and choice of what to display

Totally-braindead 23:35 01 Nov 06

I've found the TV display using the TV output from a graphics card to be rather poor. At least in the ones I have seen.
The only time I have seen a good display on a TV is when the TV actually has a input for a graphics card from a computer and the only ones I have seen that have this are some of the newer LCD/TFT televisions. And the ones I have seen have been rather good but a couple of them suffered from ghosting(blurry pictures).
I'm sure there are others but this is only what I have seen myself.

Totally-braindead 23:37 01 Nov 06

Depending on cash considerations of course. Have you considered a projector? They are a bit pricey I think but some have the facilty to connect to a PC directly and if you have a decent screen you can get a reasonable enough picture.
Perhaps you could borrow one?

johnnyrocker 23:38 01 Nov 06

it depends how much you want to spend but i have noticed that some of the latest sets i have set up for people have a variety of input sockets one of which is a u232 which may be of use, some also have pc input facilities.

johnny.

woodchip 23:45 01 Nov 06

As I said, DVD

johnnyrocker 00:33 02 Nov 06

he answered you;)

johnny.

Strawballs 00:41 02 Nov 06

LCD and Plasma TV's are about the only ones that look good.

johnnyrocker 00:47 02 Nov 06

advertising is frowned upon on a pc oriented site.

johnny.

woodchip 09:09 02 Nov 06

Yes I know,,,,, what I posted it for was to push the point that it may be ponderous but it does not cost much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…