Which TV card for Sky box?

Nick.d.green 22:03 30 Dec 05

Can anyone advise which TV card is suitable to accept a signal from a Pace Sky box & play through my PC using MCE 2005. I've tried Happauge WinTV 150MCE & a Acer card without sucess?

SG Atlantis® 22:04 30 Dec 05

a sky card?

Nick.d.green 22:46 30 Dec 05

Sorry if I didn't make this request clear. I am a subscribed member of Sky TV. I have got a Pace Sky box with a veiwing card. I have then got a PC running Windows XP MCE 2005. I want to put a TV card into the machine to accept the signal from the sky box so I can record the PC etc. Any advise on the card that will work?

SG Atlantis® 22:59 30 Dec 05

Oh a tv pci card.

I set up this on xp home once just using a cheap tvmate card. worked quite well. I just used a coax connection.

rsinbad 23:08 30 Dec 05

i use wintv get analog plus sky an also record, how did you set it up? maybe you didn't connect properly

Nick.d.green 23:11 30 Dec 05

sorry yes a PCI card. The Happauge 150 I used could receive & display my telestrial signal, but I want to use the Sky through the Media Center & it wouldn't dislay anything, even through an S video. I don't quite understand why as I can get a RF signal out of the Pace Sky box which you would have pressumed was similar to the conventional TV aerial, this just pluged into a TV & gave a picture, but not through the PC?

Nick.d.green 23:12 30 Dec 05

Hi Rsinbad Which card?

BRYNIT 23:21 30 Dec 05

You should be able to view Sky Digital from any TV card.

All you need to do is connect the aerial cable from the Digi box to the TV card.

Remember to make sure your Digi box is switch on. If it is not switched on the auto scan will not find the channel.

From the program that comes with your TV card make sure antenna is selected in setup properties and do a auto scan. The Tv car will find all available channel.

namtaf 23:30 30 Dec 05

I was under the impression and rgb signal would work! could you post details of exactly how you have this setup? i.e. scart adaptor to s-video then s-video into your tv card or are you just using a vid out phono connection

rsinbad 23:33 30 Dec 05

my card is wintv go ;but follow brynit method

sky cable to digibox

digibox output to comp

then scan

namtaf 23:36 30 Dec 05

oh just clicked you are using windows media centre edition? I don't want to appear rude but I would rather stick pins into my eyes! MCE is not the same as xp for tv card compatibility, a lot are not supported you have to find a card that has been tested and works with or has been designed for MCE.

Anyone considering a PVR (personal video recorder) solution should really chech out myth tv for linux. in fact you can watch a video all about it click here
and best of all it's free and can run on a p3 with 256mb ram if your tv card supports hardware encoding/decoding

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac