Which TFT monitor to buy?

jono366 17:33 16 Sep 04

I have been told that some TFT monitors are to slow to play games on. Ihave had a look around and have noticed a difference in the response times ranging from 16ms to 25ms. Can someone please help me with the specs needed to allow good game play.Thank you.

TopBloke37 17:48 16 Sep 04

Cant go wrong with Benq FP767
I replaced my 17"CRT with the Benq FP767-12 a couple of months ago. Absolutely stunning and vibrant display. The 12ms response time is I believe the quickest around, a lot of TFTs are 25ms and some better ones 16! At £285, easy to assemble, looks sleek & stylish - look no further!

Stuartli 17:55 16 Sep 04

Don't know about the specs, but I was in Staples recently where a number of TFT monitors are on display to demonstrate their qualities.

One of them, a 17in black screen Sony, had the most stunning TFT display I have ever seen - it made the others very mundane in comparison with its wonderful colour palette and beautifully crisp text.

It reminded me of the current 42in Philips TFT TV set with its Pixel Plus feature - switch between normal and Pixel Plus displays and the latter really shows what can be achieved.

Djohn 18:11 16 Sep 04

click here Have a read of my thread regarding the service I received from AOC.

I have the 17" 727. It has a superb display, no problems at all with games/movies and the text is sharp enough to cut your fingers on.

FE has the same make but the 19" version and as far as I'm aware he is very pleased with it.

Although the response times do have some bearing on the time taken to redraw the image, it's not the only or main consideration to take into account. Some 25 or even 30 MS displays will outperform a 15 MS panel, it depends on the type of panel and how the measurements are taken.

click here this is the model I have and as you will have read from my link above, they are an excellent company to deal with.

g0nvs 18:13 16 Sep 04

I use a LG 1710B 17" TFT. This also has a DVI input so if your graphic card has a DVI output you will benefit from this. A response time of 16ms also helps when playing games or watching DVD films. This is one purchase I will never regret, a superb monitor.

pj123 18:17 16 Sep 04

It also depends on how much you are prepared to pay. Check out this site for a price comparison. click here

jono366 18:47 16 Sep 04

Thanks guys, you've given me some good info, time to do some reading. Very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…