Which Tablet to take abroad

badgermansix 08:32 14 Mar 15

I would like take a Tablet (?) abroard rather than my Laptop. All I use it for is to check my Bank account and emails. This is important as I am away for five or six weeks at a time. I know that I do not need an expensive one like an Ipad to do this, so can anyone suggest something at a reasonable cost. Thank you.

HenryF75 11:36 14 Mar 15

I travel abroad regularly with a Tesco Hudl2 and am no experiencing any problems connecting to wi#fi hotspots as long a sthe connection is reasonably strong. such as hotel lobies starbucks etc. I would be concerned though about security ata that type of public site, used for checking bank accounts. Perhaps you have a private ISP when abroad. Ypu can also purchase Samsung Galaxy tablets for a similar price to the HUdl in some supermarkets.

bumpkin 14:40 14 Mar 15

Which Tablet to take abroad

Imodium

badgermansix 17:17 15 Mar 15

HenryF75,

Thank you, I'll have a look.

Bumpkin,

Fair enough :-((
  wee eddie 19:09 15 Mar 15

The answer to that is the cheapest you can find. Then you won't be unduly upset when you lose it.

Other points: You really need to take your laptop, otherwise, what will you use to store your pictures on.

As has been pointed out. Accessing your Bank from a Café is asking for trouble.

bumpkin 19:33 15 Mar 15

Whatever you take will be stolen anyway so why bother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch