Which Tablet to take abroad

badgermansix 08:32 14 Mar 15

I would like take a Tablet (?) abroard rather than my Laptop. All I use it for is to check my Bank account and emails. This is important as I am away for five or six weeks at a time. I know that I do not need an expensive one like an Ipad to do this, so can anyone suggest something at a reasonable cost. Thank you.

HenryF75 11:36 14 Mar 15

I travel abroad regularly with a Tesco Hudl2 and am no experiencing any problems connecting to wi#fi hotspots as long a sthe connection is reasonably strong. such as hotel lobies starbucks etc. I would be concerned though about security ata that type of public site, used for checking bank accounts. Perhaps you have a private ISP when abroad. Ypu can also purchase Samsung Galaxy tablets for a similar price to the HUdl in some supermarkets.

bumpkin 14:40 14 Mar 15

Which Tablet to take abroad

Imodium

badgermansix 17:17 15 Mar 15

HenryF75,

Thank you, I'll have a look.

Bumpkin,

Fair enough :-((
  wee eddie 19:09 15 Mar 15

The answer to that is the cheapest you can find. Then you won't be unduly upset when you lose it.

Other points: You really need to take your laptop, otherwise, what will you use to store your pictures on.

As has been pointed out. Accessing your Bank from a Café is asking for trouble.

bumpkin 19:33 15 Mar 15

Whatever you take will be stolen anyway so why bother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…