which spyware prog is best

patso 14:07 20 Aug 08

i use the latest avg anti virus but which anti spywaare prog is best to use with it?i have spyware blaster adaware and spybot but dont want to clog up my pc with progs that do the same thing.spyware blaster and spybot seem to conflict with avg and adware wont update any ideas as adware just stuck at searching for updates?thanks

gardener 14:11 20 Aug 08

Try SuperAntiSpyware, recommended by many forum members.

click here

rawprawn 17:11 20 Aug 08

I use this in conjuntion with SuperAntispywsre which has already been recommended
A Squared click here

DippyGirl 17:32 20 Aug 08

AVG runs happily with spybot and spyblaster on my pc
several antispy progs is good - they look for different things in different ways
Asquared SuperAntiSpyware are two good uns

mfletch 18:07 20 Aug 08

These three should be enough

DrWebCureIt is a stand alone program there is no updates you just download a new DrWeb every time you wish to use it,

It can also be run from a USB Pen drive

Only run one at a time

Always check for any updates before running

SAS/ Superantispyware click here

MBAM/ Malwarebytes/ Antimalware click here

DRWebCurit/ click here

patso 18:11 20 Aug 08

ok thanks again for all the posts i will try each and see how i get on thanks again

flateric1 18:17 20 Aug 08

I use PC tools Spyware Doctor since V 4 and now am on 6 to me its the best. I also use it along side KIS 2009 to be extra safe as I had my bank account hacked into with £400 taken via 3 sites in the US

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…