which spam fillter

chippy+ 19:27 04 Sep 05

hi i have mcafee spam filter installed as part of mcafee security centre but i find it slow up checking messages in outlook express could anyone recomend one which is faster thanks chippy

Diodorus Siculus 19:37 04 Sep 05

Mailwasher click here for the last freeware version

Diodorus Siculus 19:39 04 Sep 05

click here for the beta version 2 that I use.

ame 23:15 06 Sep 05

What's the point in a spam filter when you've to check the trapped spam for good stuff and delete the crap anyway? I gave up on McAfee spam filtering - are they all the same, these programs?

Diodorus Siculus 07:32 07 Sep 05

With mailwasher you don't filter - simply look at what is on the server and you can delete it if it is spam.

That way, only what you want is downloaded to your PC.

Also, mailwasher has a very good system of checking the source of mail against blacklisted servers and will mark for deletion anything that is routed via one of these servers.

dave_and_confused 07:46 07 Sep 05

Also manual Spam Filters are infinitely better than automated ones. No false alarms, no genuine mail lost in the Spam box, no wasted resources, no need to download the spam and viral ridden messages to your PC. Just delete from the mail server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…