So my options are:

SoundBlaster Live Player OEM - £25.79
Aureon 5.1 Fun - £27.61
Sonic Edge 5.1 - £29.96

Any idea what the difference is between the SoundBlaster Live Value (my old
one) and Soundblaster Live Player?
Which card should I get? I have seen an Audigy 2 OEM for like £50, but I
can't see how twice the price more than the Live Player could be justified
by someone who just plays the odd strategy game.

TIA Cheers

eccomputers 12:41 27 Jun 03

unless you are going to get seriously into midi or digital recording, the soundblaster is your best option as it is compatible with anything.

Stuartli 13:40 27 Jun 03

Dixons/PC World both offer the Creative Soundblaster 5.1 in retail form at £29.99 at present.

You could also consider the Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1, which offers very good sound quality for not much more, along with all the additional features such as SPDIF etc.

Despicable Desperado 02:00 28 Jun 03

Remember that if it is an OEM version Creative will not support it and drivers can be a problem. Also as it is an OEM version you can not leagally buy it unless it is with a new computer. However as this is outside the realms of this forum buy the sblive if you like it.

goonerbill 07:33 28 Jun 03

Despicable Desperado

must disagree with your statement. creative will support an OEM soundcard (have OEM audigy and have needed there help on 2 occasions).

would suggest ya get an audigy 1 or 2. even if ya not playing games, its great for listening to ya cd's with. if not the Hercules Fortissimo III.

heres a site that lists all things pc, who find the cheapest price for what ya looking for, but dont forget ya got to add on p&p

click here

professor 12:00 28 Jun 03

thoughs cards are good but you WONT get the best sound out of them for good sound and value i would suggest either a Videologic SonicXplosion
at about £60 or on the tighter scale of things the Phillips Sonic Edge 5.1 for about £40

professor 12:01 28 Jun 03

Sonic Edge 5.1 about £30 NOT £40!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…