Which Softwear for photos and film.

alltime 13:24 27 Apr 06

Which is the best softwear package fo photos and downloading film from a mini dv camcorder. i have tried Roxio but the computer locks up, and seems to take over everything. I have the basic version of Sonic on my laptop but the upgrade charges are extortionate. So im looking for something easy and simple that works well. Could i have some advise please.

huzzar 13:36 27 Apr 06

I use Windows Movie Maker - free and easy to use.

Hoodibaba 15:16 27 Apr 06

I use Cyberlink's Power Director both for importing and editing the video from a camcoder...It's very simple and easy to use..I also use Roxio but it is much more memory consuming than PD and hence slows down the system...Why don't get the latest version of PD fm eBay for less than a tenner...
Why don't you have a look...

[click here]

alltime 17:05 27 Apr 06

Thanks guys ill have a look at those. Somebody suggested Nero, What do you know about this programme?

961 19:08 27 Apr 06

Some of these programmes are now virtually as big as previous operating systems and slow down the computer as well as creating other problems

For video, I suggest you try Windows movie maker as a (free) start and consider later if you actually need more

For photos, consider the basic programme that comes with the camera or try a free download of an older programme. Try Photosuite 4 (free) and see if you need more

Alternatively programmes like Irfanview (also free) do the business without consuming huge resources.

I have Nero. It's good, but like Roxio, the latest is just TOO big. Earlier versions are just fine as well as being cheaper or free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…