which should i use?

dianadawn 18:53 17 Feb 07

tried toi install a-squared...took all night to get 95% installed then just quit--and now for the dumb question-how do i backup everything in case my hard drive is going out?

brundle 18:56 17 Feb 07

check the drive for problems; click here

lotvic 21:10 17 Feb 07

good link brundle - thanks

dianadawn
can you close your other thread please as it is confusing to those offering advice.
I have just posted on the other one. click here

Technotiger 22:00 17 Feb 07

To try a repair of System Restore ...

click here

dianadawn 23:14 17 Feb 07

sorry i guess i dont know how to close the other thread-i checked the "resolved?" box

Technotiger 23:20 17 Feb 07

To Green Tick the thread, tick the box and the word Resolved.

Technotiger 23:21 17 Feb 07

and of course click on Post Response

p;3 00:02 18 Feb 07

hoping i am posting to the right thread?

are you on dial up?

lotvic 00:55 18 Feb 07

to save confusion over threads here is latest info cut & pasted from click here

dianadawn Sat, [email protected]:33
i got the hard drive less than 6 months ago...and i put it in myself(i was so proud) seemed to run fine until a few weeks ago-started slowing down quite a bit.also i dont know if this makes any difference but for xmas my 3 kids each got different brands of mp3 players so 3 different programs and a mini digital camera program have all been added.could i have possibly not put the hard drive in correctly?

lotvic Sat, [email protected]:55
If the harddrive has been working ok then you must have installed it properly (I remember the first one I fitted - it was scary... :) but I was well pleased with myself!

Just because harddrive is only 6 months old does not mean it is not failing/faulty. If it is making abnormal noises I would suggest you test it. First though, I would make a backup copy of any data you want to keep.
The harddrive will be under warrenty and you can get it replaced (I have just received my replacement for one that 'went wonky' :) )

What make and model is it? There will be a little program on the manufacturers website that you can download and run to test the harddrive for faults. Depending on the size of your harddrive it will take a long time to run the tests (all night and day)

Software programs installed - yes it is possible that these are 'slowing things down' if you have too many running in the background, the pc will be trying to do too much all at the same time. You will have to look in Taskmanager to see how many applications and processes are running.

What are the specs of your pc? Make, model, CPU, how much ram etc.

dianadawn Sat, [email protected]:22
its a seagate barracuda 200GB i went to the web site and they said no info was available--I know it came with "bounceback express" software from CMS....if i can find the disk!Going to work now,back later--this is my first time on a forum-i've learned alot-thanks all!(for your patience especially)

lotvic 00:56 18 Feb 07

Barracuda 7200.10 Ultra ATA/100 200-GB Hard Drive (ST3200820A)
is this the drive click here that you have?

download SeaTools™ diagnostic software from click here

dianadawn 06:54 18 Feb 07

Yes thats it! the website says they are updating and i dont see what i need.I do have the disc and i thoughtI'd use bounceback express since i've never backed up anything.is this correct? Alos when i inserted the disc i went to diagnostics and followed the instructions for making 2 floppy disks...what do I do with those?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…