Which shall i go for - p4 or celeron?

ilturisto 17:16 14 Nov 03

I'm looking to buy a new laptop, and have previously only had experience buying desktops. I've heard somewhere in the mists of time that celerons developed for laptops are more stable (if at all possible) than those p4 chips lobbed in there. Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated as i'm no longer up to date on computers!

Diodorus Siculus 17:36 14 Nov 03

What you should look out for is a Mobile Pentium chip - one that is optimised for laptops, rather than the standard Pentium chip. It will run cooler but comes at a price premium.

Depending on what you will use the laptop for, a Celeron can be good value - if you will use the machine for general office /internet etc., then the celeron will serve you well.

Proxy Worm 17:41 14 Nov 03

Depends on what u need?gaming, or just work?

A_World_Maker 17:45 14 Nov 03

Have a look at the minimum specs, and or 'preferred specs' of your software, that should give you a big hint. I always advise, buy the software you want to use, and then buy a comouter to run it, allowing for a bit extra power for later.

ilturisto 13:17 17 Nov 03

Proxy Worm

Bit of both, ideally would like to play GTA3 on it at a decent speed, and not have it struggle with dvd player

pinka 15:15 17 Nov 03

id stay away from celeron

Proxy Worm 17:19 17 Nov 03

Then ilturisto i would pick a decent P4 chip, something like 2.0 ghz or 2.2 ghz.

ilturisto 13:36 18 Nov 03

Thank you all for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…