Which Security Package? ESet any Good?

Tony_B 15:17 13 Jul 09

My Trend Micro licence expires very soon and I am now looking to change to a new package. I'm not renewing Trend due to the poor results it received in the past in the PC Advisor reviews.

What Security package do you recommend?

Someone I know who is in IT has suggested ESet is a very good system as he says it won't clog up my PC when performing scans etc. and slow it down to a grinding hault. Does anyone have some experience of ESet that can tell me if its any good?

I see that Kasperspy is being heavily advertised on the PC Advisor site, how good is it?

I won't be going anywhere near Norton either.

Your thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

jimv7 15:20 13 Jul 09

imo, eset is the best paid for package, but avg and avast are both very good and they are free.

rawprawn 16:18 13 Jul 09

I run Kaspersky (free if you bank with Barclays online) I have had no trouble at all and I am pleased with it.
In the past I ran Eset but it caused me a few problems, although everybody sas it's great.

woodchip 16:24 13 Jul 09

Avast Prof edition 60-day trial period.click here I use the free version

wiz-king 16:25 13 Jul 09

I like Eset, all the PC where I work use it, some on a bulk licence and some on individual licences.
I also have the security suite at home, and I am happy with it on that PC. I replaced Norton 360 with the Eset and noticed an increase in browsing speed.

mooly 16:32 13 Jul 09

Fsecure full internet security package for me. 3PC retail version under £20. Used it for 3years, can't fault it.

woodchip 16:33 13 Jul 09

They are only as good as what the stop, not how fast they run

woodchip 16:44 13 Jul 09

Top Award, click here
West Coast Tests

woodchip 16:46 13 Jul 09

Free Version click here check what it does

DieSse 17:08 13 Jul 09

Eset is the best and the fastest. In Virus Bulletin tests, over the years, it has gained more 100% test results than ANY other AV, and hasn't missed an "in-the-wild" virus since about 1998 (I think - maybe '97).

I've been using the AV for many years, and had the full security suite since it was announced.

Absolutely faultless - never a hiccup - updates fast and frequently, doesn't slug the systems performance. Everything a security suite should be, in fact.

My 3 year sub is up this October, and there is no shadow of a doubt that I will renew it for a further 3 years - simply fit and forget to me.

DieSse 17:10 13 Jul 09

"They are only as good as what the stop, not how fast they run"

That's true - however Rising tends to stop things it shouldn't. 10 false positives on the April VB WinXP Pro tests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…