Which scanner ?

Daibus 10:27 26 Jul 03

Have just bought a Canon i850, which as my first printer, I am very pleased with.

I now want to buy a scanner, and was wondering if it should be the same make as the printer, or doesn't it matter, and which scanner would you guys out there recommend ?

Many thanks.

Diemmess 10:35 26 Jul 03

No - they are only related through your PC and its software so you are free of relationship problems.

Apart from brand loyalty there is a vast choice of scanners out there. Decide your priorities for using it, and a top whack price, then browse the reviews.

Jester2K II 10:38 26 Jul 03

Maybe start your search here??

click here

mrdsgs 10:39 26 Jul 03

Canon do a whole range, i have several that are called "Canoscan" the newer ones are called "LIDE".

it depends on how much you want to pay, how it will connect to your pc, will it need to be shared on a network and what operating system you are using.

i have 2 boxed and unused Canon Canoscan N1240U which are usb powered and brilliant/easy to set up.

Jester2K II 10:41 26 Jul 03

I also have one of these - marvellous....

Daibus 11:18 26 Jul 03

Jester2K II and mrdsgs.

Thank you Gents for your last replys recommending the Canon 124OU scanner.

In answer to the question; I have Windows XP Home, any compatability problems ?

Jester2K II 11:30 26 Jul 03

Also use Win XP Home.

No problems but download the latest Toolbox and Drivers from click here first and use them instead of the CD driver as the website will have the latest versions - not that theres anything wrong with the CD drivers though!!!

ScanGear CS is the Drivers - download and unzip to a directory - when you are prompted for the drivers browse to this directory.

CanoScanToolBox - facility to control the buttons on the scanner and a set of wizards to get you scanning without 3rd party software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…