WHICH is SAFER wireless or broadband

pokemom 00:18 14 Apr 06

im thimking of upgradingto wire less and have a canle router and i was thinking which is safer i realise that with a fire wall which is mcafee ,it obviosly configures and blocks the ports but with a frequencie but if that frenquencie is duplicated and repeated is it possible that its not as safe as a normal cable router ?

Forum Editor 01:11 14 Apr 06

a cabled network is always going to be easier to secure than a wireless one. Practically speaking however, and certainly in a home environment, a wireless network can be secured sufficiently to prevent access by all but the most determined (and expert) hacker.

The advantages of using a wireless router to distribute broadband internet access in the average home far outweigh any security disadvantages.

pokemom 10:41 14 Apr 06

thankyou for that and i feel priviegded that the F.E anwserd me post ,(at 01.10) in the morning ,thanks for the advice ,very useful ,(to explain to other half ) they always believe you if someone else says it ,thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…