WHICH is SAFER wireless or broadband

pokemom 00:18 14 Apr 06

im thimking of upgradingto wire less and have a canle router and i was thinking which is safer i realise that with a fire wall which is mcafee ,it obviosly configures and blocks the ports but with a frequencie but if that frenquencie is duplicated and repeated is it possible that its not as safe as a normal cable router ?

Forum Editor 01:11 14 Apr 06

a cabled network is always going to be easier to secure than a wireless one. Practically speaking however, and certainly in a home environment, a wireless network can be secured sufficiently to prevent access by all but the most determined (and expert) hacker.

The advantages of using a wireless router to distribute broadband internet access in the average home far outweigh any security disadvantages.

pokemom 10:41 14 Apr 06

thankyou for that and i feel priviegded that the F.E anwserd me post ,(at 01.10) in the morning ,thanks for the advice ,very useful ,(to explain to other half ) they always believe you if someone else says it ,thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017