Which router ?

jin799 12:36 11 Jul 08

Hi there ,
I am with Ntl broadband and have a problem that my normal router is gone bad.
I phoned them up to ask for new modem but they are saying over £50 !!!
This is way over priced and I was considering getting a wireless router instead.
But I have a problem that the connection at the back is done like a coxial cable ( thats the wire thing coming from my main cable supply ) so which router should i get that supports a coxial cable connection and is wireless ?
I'm also looking for cheap and durable if thats a possibility .

I have just one box (which I think u call a cable modem).
This box had a coxial cable connection which connected direct to the main outlet of where the cable is coming from.
I used the ethernet cable which I plugged in the box and straight to my computer.
Now that is the box that is broken.
I have been to some computer shops like PC World,Curry's but they do not have a box with a coxial connection so any ideas where I can get it from in the UK ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:46 11 Jul 08

I am with Ntl broadband and have a problem that my normal router is gone bad.
I phoned them up to ask for new modem but they are saying over £50 !!!

The cable modem is supplied by NTL (virgin) and it is their responsibility if the modem has failed and you cannot connect, you are paying for a service you cannot recieve, they should renew the modem for free.

do you have lights on the modem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:48 11 Jul 08
  jin799 12:58 11 Jul 08

They are saying its been over a year so they cannot replace it for me and I will have to buy a new one .
The modem is broken as my brother's kid smashed it on the floor.
I am willing to buy a new cable modem but not for the price of £50.

Chris the Ancient 14:31 11 Jul 08

I'm presuming that you are ntl cable - rather than using 'normal' telephone line. In this case, you are a bit between the devil and the deep blue sea.

I tried a google search and couldn't find anything. So, it looks like ntl are the only players. And it looks like you are going to have to bite the bullet and get a new one of theirs - at their price.

A thought though. Look at your household contents insurance and see if that sort of thing is covered for accidental damage - and even try ringing the insurance provider and begging. It might get back some of the cost.

CtA

jin799 13:25 14 Jul 08

Thank you ppl for all your input.
I am not giving up so soon.
Will try to find the modem in ebay if i can .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…